Pop-up Window What happens if a Lightning channel close transaction is evicted from the mempool? - NTV News 🔥

Display

See it

____

Ad Unit BIG

What happens if a Lightning channel close transaction is evicted from the mempool?

I recently had a cooperative close of a Lightning channel and the two nodes agreed a fee rate of about 1 sat/vbyte for the closing transaction. (This was fine by me; I always like to keep fees low and was/am in no rush.) The transaction was evicted from the mempool a few hours later because of the recent high volume.

The transaction subsequently reappeared in the mempool. That's good, but how did it get there? I can't see anything obvious in my node's logs about observing the transaction to have been evicted, resubmitting it or noticing that the peer had resubmitted it, but maybe I just don't know what to look for.

Is the behaviour in this situation standardised? If not, how do the different Lightning implementations (particularly lnd and Core Lightning) behave?

Out of paranoia I manually saved a copy of the transaction so I could resubmit it if it got completely lost; was there any need for me to do that?



from Recent Questions - Bitcoin Stack Exchange
November 17, 2022 at 12:47AM

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter
close